Convert .dmg file on a MAC to .iso
How to convert .dmg (disk image) file on a MAC to .iso so that it can be used on a Windows or Linux box?
To convert the .DMG file to an ISO image, type the following command at your terminal window in MAC:
hdiutil convert /path/to/source.dmg -format UDTO -o /path/to/target.iso
Replace “/path/to/source.dmg” with the path and name of the existing .DMG file, and replace /path/to/target.iso with the desired path and name for the converted image.
The process above creates a file at the target location specified called “target.iso.cdr”. Rename this to .iso (just remove the trailing .cdr) and you should have a working .iso!
You can use this ISO image to burn in any CD/DVD burning software on Windows or Linux.
- Enable http/2 in Apache 16th Jan 2021
- MySQL Shell 8.x 16th Jan 2021
- vi/vim tricks 30th Dec 2020
- SELinux on CentOS 29th Dec 2020
- ssh-copy-id (password less ssh login) 26th Dec 2020
- MySQL auto_increment capacity calculation 26th Dec 2020
- Using UUID as a Primary Key 24th Dec 2020
- Keycloak and InnoDB Cluster 29th Nov 2020
- How to create Column in MySQL only if one does not exist? 19th Mar 2019
- Inject empty transactions in MySQL 5.6 GTID based Replication 25th Dec 2018
- Adding a new disk to CentOS 26th Aug 2018
- mysqldump extended inserts 26th Jun 2018
- CentOS Logical Volume Manager (LVM) 26th Oct 2017
- How to prepare SD Card for Raspberry Pi on a MAC 26th Jun 2017
- Convert .dmg file on a MAC to .iso 26th Apr 2017